Effective Date: September 1st, 2020
Our privacy practices may vary among the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements. You can view European Union specific information below.
We collect personal information about you, this may include :
- contact information : name, postal address, telephone number and email address;
- date of birth and anniversary date;
- login credentials for the Site;
- payment information (such as payment card details);
- customer service information
- purchase and transaction information (including serial numbers for timepiece registration)
- location data (such as data derived from your IP address, country and/or zip code) and the precise geolocation of your device
- information we may obtain from our third-party service providers;
- other personal information we obtain through our
The provision of your personal information is voluntary. However, if you do not provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our goods and services, fulfill your requests, or respond to your inquiries.
INFORMATION COLLECTED WITH AUTOMATED MEANS
A cookie is a small text file, which does not allow you to be identified, containing information relating to your browsing, which is downloaded to your device (computer, tablet, smartphone) through the browser software that you use to view the Website, subject to the choices that you may have expressed concerning cookies and which you can modify at any time.
The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on our Online Channels, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is collected directly by the providers of the features and is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Messika is not responsible for these providers’ information practices.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED ?
We use the information we obtain to:
- transact with you and provide various products and services to you;
- provide customer support (including repairs, alterations, cleaning and other services);
- create and manage your account;
- provide products and services;
- process your payment;
- reduce credit risk and manage collections;
- verify your identity;
- send you promotional materials and other communications (including thank you notes, special occasion reminders and other communications from sales professionals with whom you’ve engaged);
- respond to your inquiries;
- perform data analyses (including anonymization and aggregation of personal information);
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our products and services; managing our communications; analyzing our products and customer base; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- comply with and enforce relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies;
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
We also use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
To the extent permitted by applicable law and with your consent where required, we also use information collected through automated means for purposes such as:
- customizing your visit to our Site,
- delivering content (including advertising) fitted to your interests and the manner in which you browse our Site, and
- managing our Site and other aspects of our business.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we also may use this information to provide you with ads about our products when you browse this and other websites.
You may see our ads on other websites based on your visits to the Site because we engage in retargeting. For example, if you view a product on the Site, you may see an ad for that product on a third-party website. Our retargeting activities are handled by service providers that track your activity on the Site and third-party sites by using automated means (cookies). This process helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
To the extent required by applicable law, we and our service providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites. To learn how to opt out of retargeting, click here.
Our Site is not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from browsers.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
If you do not wish for your personal information to be used in connection with a marketing database for direct marketing purposes, or, where applicable, you wish to withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, you may ask us to opt out of this use by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the “Contact us” section of the website.
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government entities, and (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California consumer, please see our California Consumer Privacy Statement for information about our privacy practices and your rights by clicking here
ACCESS TO SPECIFIC INFORMATION AND DATA PORTABILITY RIGHTS
You have the right, subject to certain exceptions defined in the California Consumer Protection Act (“CCPA”) and other applicable laws and regulations, to request that companies disclose certain information to you about their collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. This right of access includes information about:
- the categories of personal information we collected about you;
- the categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information;
- the categories of personal information that each recipient received; and
- the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
DELETION REQUEST RIGHTS
You have the right, subject to certain exceptions defined in the CCPA and other applicable laws and regulations, to request that a company delete any of your personal information that it has collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
EXERCISING ACCESS, DATA PORTABILITY, AND DELETION RIGHTS
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please contact us by either:
- emailing us at email@example.com or
- calling us at 646-971-2475 ext. 208
The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to verify, to a reasonably high degree of certainty, that you are the person about whom we collected personal information. This may include requesting that you provide us with two or more pieces of personal information to match against personal information about you that we may or may not maintain and which we have determined to be reliable for the purpose of verification.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request if we find it to be manifestly unfounded or excessive, or in case of an access request, in order to provide you with additional copies of the personal information we maintain about you.
DO NOT SELL RIGHTS
Messika USA Inc. does not sell any of the personal information captured.
You have the right, subject to certain exceptions defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other applicable laws and regulations, to request that companies stop selling your personal information and refrain from doing so in the future. You may exercise this right by:
- emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org ;or
- calling us at 646-971-2475 ext. 208
We may deny a Do Not Sell request if we have a good-faith, reasonable, and documented belief that the request is fraudulent.
Only you, or a person you have designated in writing as your authorized agent in accordance with CCPA, or who is registered with the California Secretary of State to act on your behalf, or to whom you have provided power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465, (“Authorized Agent”), may make a verifiable consumer request or do not sell request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request or do not sell request on behalf of your minor child.
If you wish to have an Authorized Agent make a request on your behalf, they will need to provide us with sufficient written proof that you have designated them as your Authorized Agent and we will still require you to provide sufficient information to allow us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected personal information.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- deny you services;
- charge you different prices or rates for services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- provide you a different level or quality of services; or
- suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for services or a different level or quality of services.
NOTICE TO NEVADA RESIDENTS
Nevada residents have the right to submit a verified request directing us not to sell their personal information. If you are a Nevada resident, and would like to submit such a request, please send your request to email@example.com
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists, or submit a request, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the “Contact us” section of the website. To the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction, you may request access to the personal information we maintain about you or request that we correct, amend, delete or block the information by contacting us as specified below. You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time to the processing of your personal information, and we will apply your preferences. This will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your information based on your consent before its withdrawal.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide on the Site against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Our Site may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked websites are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the websites’ content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our Site is designed for a general audience and is not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 (or other relevant age, as applicable, pursuant to relevant law) through our website. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under such age, we will promptly delete the information from our records. If you believe that a child under such age may have provided us with personal information, please contact us as specified in the “How to contact us” section.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or comments about this Online Privacy Notice, would like to exercise your rights, or would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact our Customer Service by email at : email@example.com
MESSIKA USA INC
60 Broad Street, Suite 3501
New-York, NY 10004
Attn: Customer Service